Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Alonso: For The Win!


Well, it's finally here; the F1 season has officially begun with Alonso taking the chequered flag in the highly anticipated opener at Bahrain. Things certainly didn't quite flow as I had imagined however, I have made a number of successful picks. Firstly the win from Alonso albeit, gifted by poor reliability on Red Bulls behalf but nevertheless, a win all the same.
Without judging too quickly, I must say that I was a little unimpressed by the number of over takings but I must concede that this was somewhat expected at this circuit. I am going to have to be a little more patient before making my mind up about whether or not I am a fan of the refueling ban or not. Races more renowned for overtaking are due in time and I will no doubt have my opinions then.
Back luck for Webber, perhaps it was his mistake in qualifying or the mountains of blue smoke billowing from his car in the opening lap or maybe it was the moment he was held back in the pits that ruined his chances for a podium finish, but whatever the reason, he is still a points earner in the opening race and that is a far better result than last year.

I have much to talk about after this race and we will no doubt have an exciting podcast to listen to in the next day or so but for now, it's reflection time.

No comments:

Post a Comment